[Marxism] Sarkozy's defeat is our victory but there are bigger battles to come

En Passant with John Passant en.passant at bigpond.com
Tue May 8 00:58:15 MDT 2012

Gary, you asked me in response to my Sarkozy defeat posting if I have given much thought to the impact of all this on Oz?

Yes, but only in terms of propaganda. Greece, France, the UK local elections, the move to the left, the rejection of austerity. I started writing an article about Galloway and Mélenchon and asking where is Australia's version, but I have been distracted. I hadn't thought about the large Greek heritage population in Australia. An interesting point. I wonder if we can reach out to them? Maybe they are institutionalised in the  ALP and Liberals? Dunno.

John Passant