[Marxism] The Hardt-Negri declaration

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu May 17 13:08:26 MDT 2012

It was to be expected that Toni Negri and Michael Hardt would
eventually weigh in on the protests sweeping the world, from
Tahrir Square to Wall Street. Their Declaration can be read on
http://www.scribd.com/doc/93152857/Hardt-Negri-Declaration-2012
and is well worth the trouble. (I found it impossible to print but
that might have just been a problem on my own computer.) Even if
you disagree with much of it (as I do), it is necessary reading
because of their influence. Furthermore, I detect a positive
evolution in their thinking—especially a willingness to reconsider
the merits of state power, albeit in a highly qualified manner.
Like someone saying that though broccoli tastes like shit, it
might be good for you.

http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/the-hardt-negri-declaration/