[Marxism] radical / heterodox labour economics

knallgrau at gmx.com knallgrau at gmx.com
Wed May 23 01:05:00 MDT 2012

I was wondering if any of you could give me some pointers regarding researchers, books or papers dealing with labour "market" research and theory from a radical / heterodox perspective? Work from the last two decades would be particularly relevant.

My question probably already reveals that I'm a beginner on this topic, so introductory work would be most useful, but any hints are appreciated really. I know the question is a bit broad; I'm basically looking for relatively recent economic work that provides a contrast to the neoclassical treatment of unemployment and labour force participation (e.g. the significance of the "wage offer" and the "reservation wage" in the standard approach) as well as the determination of earnings and ideally critically discusses the dominant view on these matters.

As a side-issue: Does anyone know of a radical philosophical/theoretical critique of econometrics?

Best,
Irene