[Marxism] Glow in the dark sushi

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed May 30 11:18:02 MDT 2012

On 5/30/2012 12:50 PM, ehrbar at greenhouse.economics.utah.edu wrote:

> There is so much we don't know that it is prudent to avoid
> levels of pollution which are "safe" according to the
> regulations.

I am about 70 percent done with Sandra Steingraeber's "Living
Downstream: An Ecologist’s Personal Investigation of Cancer and
the Environment" that will be referred to in a review I am
preparing on 2 documentaries on breast cancer. She came down with
bladder cancer when she was in college, studying biology. The book
is an examination of the impact of herbicides and pesticides in
rural Illinois, where she grew up. I can't recommend the book
highly enough.

Check out her articles here:

http://steingraber.com/articles/