[Marxism] College Graduates on the Brink: A Double Waste
meisner at xs4all.nl
Thu May 31 06:58:13 MDT 2012
At 21:51 30-05-12 -0700, michael perelman wrote:
>In the last week, 3 of my best students told me that they were joining
>the military. One came for a letter of recommendation
So do him (her?) a big favor. Write a glowing referral letter pointing out
* Is an independent thinker, always prepared to challenge authority.
* Is an excellent student in (whichever) liberal arts discipline who will
continue with grad school after his stint in the military.
* Has an excellent knowledge of international law and rules of war
specified in the Geneva accords.
* Is a gentle person with excellent peace-making and conflict-resolution
* Has great compassion toward common people of all nationalities and
decries any abuse of their rights.
* Greatly respects the rule of law and reports any abuses or corruption he
detects, no matter how high the status of the abuser.
* Has significant experience in written and photo-journalism with good
connections to the press and knowledge of internet resources.
(+ a few more you can probably think of!)
Perhaps someday he will thank you after his friends start coming back in
body bags from Iran (or wherever).
More information about the Marxism