[Marxism] Decline and fall of the anti-empire

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Oct 2 20:10:49 MDT 2012

At one time I had a great deal of respect for William Blum. I don't know
whether he is just getting older or just getting dumber, but his email
reports are just sloppy and formulaic with hardly any new insights or
investigative reporting type breakthroughs. The latest takes the cake:

In May, the BBC included pictures of mass graves in Iraq in their
coverage of an alleged Syrian government massacre in Houla, Syria. The
station later apologized for the pictures saying that they had been
submitted to the BBC by a rebel group. 3 On June 7, Germany's leading
daily, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, citing opponents of Assad,
reported that the Houla massacre was in fact committed by anti-Assad
Sunni militants, and that the bulk of the victims were members of the
Alawi and Shia minorities, which have been largely supportive of Assad.

full: http://killinghope.org/bblum6/aer109.html

It is one thing to say this, as many in the Global
Research/Voltairnet/Moonbats over Alabama world did; it is another to
disregard the findings that made the case that al-Assad's gangs were
responsible.

Sad, really sad.