[Marxism] Obama endorsed by Chavez and Chomsky

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:04:40 MDT 2012

Stuart, forgive me if I'm misreading you, but with one exception -- the
true and crucial mention of (isolated) grassroots struggles -- every single
sign of progress you cite is a promise by Chavez, a pledge to take action
if the elections are won.

Talk is cheap, whether on Facebook or over the Venezuelan air waves.

Believe me, every single measure which Chavez takes against capital will be
eagerly supported. Not promises to take, but takes.

By coincidence I was looking through old Militants for info on the Algerian
Revolution. If you start at the issue below and work your way forward, you
find that in the space of a few weeks the reporters went from skepticism
about the Ben Bella leadership, and reporting on how the masses were
mobilizing to stop their hesitation and to demand an end fratricidal
disputes within the FLN, to the most glowing accounts of how that same
leadership was relying on the masses to begin implementing the Tripoli
Program (including recognizing initiatives already taken by the masses).

The moment Chavez starts acting like Ben Bella, I'll turn on a dime.

http://marxists.org/history/etol/newspape/themilitant/1962/v26n33-sep-17-1962-mil.pdf