[Marxism] Chavez re-elected

Stuart Munckton stuartmunckton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:36:30 MDT 2012

Actually, the vote for Chavez is even higher -- that initial I quoted was
not with all votes counted.

Venezuela Analysis says: "With 96.7% of votes totaled, Chavez has won
8,044,106 votes (55.11%), to Capriles’ 6,461,612 (44.27%), widening his
victory to almost 11%, greater than announced in the National Electoral
Council’s (CNE) first bulletin results on Sunday night."
http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/7334

That is about 600,000 more votes than Chavez received in 2006. The
opposition vote is also higher than in the states I quoted, at 6.4 million,
but that is less of a rise. The margin is around 11% difference. The rise
in opposition votes is very marked, and a much larger rise than enjoyed by
Chavez. But it is also true more people have voted than ever before -- and
the platform he ran on was more radical than ever before.