[Marxism] FWD: PALEA: HELP US WIN THE FIGHT VS. OUTSOURCING

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:41:36 MDT 2012

PALEA: HELP US WIN THE FIGHT VS. OUTSOURCING

The Philippine Airlines Employees Association (PALEA-ITF) appeals once
more for solidarity as our year-long fight against outsourcing nears
conclusion. We have asked a lot from our supporters but we appeal for
a little bit more to secure victory.

Some 39 PALEA members, including two women, face the prospect of being
jailed anytime since a lower court issued arrest warrants a few days
ago. The case stems from the PALEA 39’s valiant defense of the protest
camp when it was attacked by hired goons on October 29, 2011.

Nonetheless the new management of Philippine Airlines has finally
opened talks with PALEA to end the labor dispute. This breakthrough
would not have been possible without the resistance of PALEA members
and the solidarity of labor, church and community groups both in the
Philippines and abroad. Our utmost gratitude to all who have
steadfastly stood by our side in the course of our fight.

The struggle continues even as negotiations have started. Until a
final agreement is concluded, we do not know if PAL management will
accede to the demand for reinstatement to our regular jobs.

Thus we reiterate our call for moral, physical, material and financial
support. Of utmost importance is sustaining the protest camp which
requires a lot of resources to maintain.  Solidarity messages and
actions are most welcome so as to keep up the morale of the PALEA
members and their families who have sacrificed so much. Likewise
contributions for the protest camp are necessary as union funds have
been depleted in the course of a year of sustaining the picketline of
several hundred people in any given day.

Donate online via the website of Partido ng Manggagawa [Labor
Party-Philippines]:

http://www.laborpartyphilippines.org/support-palea

Or send donations by bank to:

PALEA Strike Fund

Account no. 8057-00403-9

Rizal Commercial and Banking Corporation (RCBC)

Baclaran branch, Baclaran, Paranaque City

Metro Manila, Philippines

Name of correspondent bank: Wachovia Bank, N.A.

Address of correspondent bank: New York, New York

SWIFT PNBUS3NNYC

RSB Account No. with corr. bank: 2000191133208

Fedwire Routing No. 026005092

--

PARTIDO NG MANGGAGAWA

144 Legaspi St., Brgy. Marilag, Proj. 4, Quezon City

Telefax (02) 4396829

E-mail: partido_ng_manggagawa at yahoo.com

Website: www.laborpartyphilippines.org

Facebook: www.facebook.com/partidongmanggagawa