[Marxism] Boston Occupier-On Occupy: Aimless Nostalgia and the Need for a Damn Plan

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 10:18:00 MDT 2012

http://bostonoccupier.com/2012/10/17/s17/
"Imagine how effective we could’ve been if the “aimless
group” were as organized as the group that actually planned the action. There
is no reason we can’t be at that level of organization. Our movement has made
powerful enemies, and if the people are ever going to truly take control of
their own affairs and throw off the yoke of “The One Percent” (to use Occupy
phraseology), we are going to need to be able to operate with intention and
with efficacy. While it may have been radical and powerful last fall to simply
stand up and declare who we were (“The 99%!”), we are past that moment, and now
we need organization. We need tactics. Above all, we need a damn plan."
While the lot of us are reading and, all too often writing ad nauseum about our "thoughts"  on historical events, who's right or wrong on Syria, and the multitude of art in politics, there are real activists with real concerns struggling to find real solutions that take them beyond initial stages of a struggle.
What say us about that? Or, do we really believe that whether Thomas Jefferson's racism is more relevant?
Just sayin'