[Marxism] Boston Occupier-On Occupy: Aimless Nostalgia and the Need for a Damn Plan

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:06:17 MDT 2012

Hi Manuel

I was thinking along these lines this morning.  The crisis deepens and
repression strengthens everywhere.  Yet the working class still seems
stubbornly mired in a depoliticised depression unable to enter
history.

Nonetheles what is needed is patience. In his testament Trotsky spoke
about how three revolutions had taught him patience.
Historical/political time is only very crudely and haphazardly mapped
on to life span time. We want it to happen in our life span time, but
that may not be.

The break will come.  Never doubt that.  In the mean time reading
about Jefferson and debating Syria are not distractions at all IMHO.
They keep our spirits up and our powder dry!

comradely

Gary