[Marxism] martha's vineyard

guava tree theguavatree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 06:21:26 MDT 2012

right, but as I try to elaborate in the piece the place is full of
contradictions--a history of African-Americans on vacation, a native
american population (that was christianized early and didn't fight in
King Philip's War). Not to mention that the place is big --It's hardly
the Hamptons.

here's some more reading if others are interested:

Boston public radio, 5 pieces that aired in 2003.

http://www.wgbh.org/cainan/article/?item_id=860934

In-depth investigative article on the first brazilian worker

http://www.mvgazette.com/news/2009/09/03/tracing-origins-brazilians-island

--
http://guavapuree.wordpress.com