[Marxism] WE'RE INTO THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREAT JACKSON MISSISSIPPI MOVEMENT

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at hunterbear.org
Sun Oct 28 14:25:06 MDT 2012

 WE'RE INTO THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE GREAT JACKSON MISSISSIPPI CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT -- OPPOSED BY ABOUT EVERYTHING RACIST MISSISSIPPI COULD MUSTER: MASS ARRESTS, WIDESPREAD BRUTALITY, MURDER  ( THIS IS VERY WIDELY POSTED).
Contrary to what  some good folks may have quite erroneously heard over the years, I am neither dead nor dying nor infirm.  In fact, the only profound disease I've had as an adult has been the genetic Systemic Lupus (SLE) -- which, while striking almost all of my internal organs, spared my mind -- and gave me time to reflect and write extensively.  I never succumbed to the depression which often characterizes Lupus. And, in my shootout with that dread disease (2003-2011), I have killed that -- dead. http://hunterbear.org/shooting_lupus.htm

See several very key pieces from our big Scrapbook pak on the massive and historic Jackson Movement of 1962-63. Three consecutive and full pages beginning with this Link: http://hunterbear.org/a_piece_of__the_scrapbook.htm See also my personal reflections and great appreciation of my colleague-in-struggle and good friend indeed, Medgar W. Evers:  http://hunterbear.org/medgar_w.htm

ONE OF THE SCRAPBOOK PIECES IS OUR LETTER THROWING DOWN THE GAUNTLET:  JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI 1963 -- SENT TO A WIDE RANGE OF INDIVIDUAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMPONENTS OF THE JACKSON AND MISSISSIPPI POWER STRUCTURE. IT IS SIGNED BY MEDGAR W. EVERS, MRS DORIS ALLISON, AND JOHN R SALTER.

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR/JOHN R SALTER JR] Mi'kmaq /St. Francis
Abenaki/St. Regis Mohawk
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'
Member, National Writers Union AFL-CIO
www.hunterbear.org
(much social justice material)

Key pieces from our big Jackson Mississippi Movement
scrapbook.  Three consecutive and full pages beginning with
this Link:  http://hunterbear.org/a_piece_of__the_scrapbook.htm
See my personal reflections on Medgar Evers:
http://hunterbear.org/medgar_w.htm

The Stormy Adoption of an Indian Child [My Father]:
http://hunterbear.org/James%20and%20Salter%20and%20Dad.htm
(Expanded, and with more photos in Fall 2012. Material on our Native
background.)

For the new (11/2011) and expanded/updated
edition of my "Organizer's Book," JACKSON MISSISSIPPI --
with a new and substantial introduction by me.  We are now at
the 50th Anniversary of the massive Jackson Movement of
1962-63:  http://hunterbear.org/jackson.htm