[Marxism] Hatchet job on European left and anti-Semitism

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 30 09:00:46 MDT 2012

I have been following this thread and have issues with 3 of those involved.
Here I will direct some words to Dennis and Dan, and will address Joseph's
offensive remarks in my next email.

DENNIS:
You post a lot of useful and interesting articles on this list. But this
wasn't one of them. The article you wasted my time reading was a rehash of
many other such articles smearing the pro-Palestinian left with the brush of
antisemitism. I don't think it said anything new. Instead of the subject
line you supplied, it should have read: ANOTHER LIBERAL attempts a Hatchet
job on European left and anti-Semitism... <yawn>

DAN:
I read the article too, and I cannot possibly see why you think the article
was singling out the French. I very much realize (see above comment) that
there is a plethora of Zionist propaganda decrying support to the
Palestinians as antisemitic and warning of an "increase in antisemitism"
(which is not substantially true, but it's hard to tell because the Zionists
have succeeded in getting anti-Israeli positions labelled as antisemitic).
It didn't have to do with France or the French in particular, and you boldly
coming to the defense of your country should be cause for personal reflection.

- Jeff