[Marxism] Robert Fisk reporting from Daraya

anas abdelrahim shackup70 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 14:20:03 MDT 2012

Below is a comment made by a Syrian on Robert Fisk report. I find it painfully accurate in its analysis of the situation in Syria. I also happen to have some Syrian Friends living in Syria who echo the same growing sense that even if Bashar is overthrown, the bloodshed will continue as it has become obvious that what started out as peaceful protests degenerated into a sectarian strife backed by extremists. It is totally senseless and i just hope the bloodshed will come to an end
I am Syrian too, I don't care if Assad stays or leaves but I know this:
if the majority of Syrians wanted to overthrow him he would have been
gone a long time ago, and even more; if it wasn't for the support of the
 majority of the people he wouldn't have been able to stay in office
with the whole world against him.
'Western world wants Syria divided' maybe, but they cannot do that before toppling him.
As
 for what was said above that Mr.Fisk doesn't know the Syrian security
forces, and that the people are intimidated by them, I really can't
agree with it, I am Syrian and even I don't know what they are talking
about, yes security forces are nasty but I hear all kinds of stories
accusing both sides, and fear of security forces exists but it is not
greater than that of the so called FSA! so if "freedom fighters" in
Syria are building similar security forces at this stage, then they are
merely duplicating and then replacing the existing dictatorship by
another that favors the west to the east and if that's the case then, no
 one is actually fighting for freedom and democracy! and the people will
 prefer to provide more support to the government forces because they
wouldn't accept being controlled by extremists (religious or other)