[Marxism] Richard Aoki enigma

Red Arnie redarnie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 18:29:06 MDT 2012

I knew Aoki personally and I find the following analysis to be very
perceptive:

http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/why-couldnt-richard-aoki-have-been-an-informant/

The author writes about Afro-Asian issues and is a professor of Asian
American studies at the University of Pennsylvania.  I applaud her courage
to go up against some of the old guard in Asian American studies with this
perspective.

To put the Aoki enigma into perspective and to use it for building a
stronger movement, I commend the following resources:

Brian Glick, War at Home: Covert Action Against U.S. Activists and What We
Can Do About It, Boston, South End Press, available online in various
formats at http://archive.org/details/War_At_Home

Victor Serge, What Every Radical Should Know About State Repression: A
Guide for Activists, translator not identified, Ocean Press, 2005, excerpts
available online at
http://books.google.com/books?id=lB-9R0xaw1oC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

I hope that other subscribers will add to this list.