[Marxism] Fwd: Urgent-Greece

michael a. lebowitz mlebowit at sfu.ca
Sat Sep 8 09:07:36 MDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Urgent-Greece
Date: 	Sat, 8 Sep 2012 14:12:14 +0300
From: 	Giorgos Mitralias <giorgos.mitralias at gmail.com>

/*Dear Comrades, */

/*
*/

/*A survey published yesterday (7/9/2012) confirms the continuous rise
of the Golden Dawn neo-nazis. They are credited with 12% of vote
intentions far ahead of the PASOK (7.5%) and other minor parties (the
Democratic Left would obtain 4% and the Communist Party 6%). Syriza
comes first with 30% ahead of New Democracy - credited with 28%. Nobody
can pretend anymore that Golden Dawn is a "temporary phenomenon" and
that there is no direct threat to workers movements and the left. */

/*Indeed, a common misconception regarding the nature of Golden Dawn
needs to be debunked. Golden Dawn has absolutely nothing in common with
the French National Front of the Le Pen family, nor with Vlamms Belang
in Belgium, nor even with any far right party of the post-1945 Europe.
Golden Dawn is already publicly undertaking the physical liquidation of
immigrants, gypsies, national minorities (notably the Turcs of Thrace),
homosexuals and militants of the left. The constant aggressions are
following one another and dead corpses are accumulating. */

/*
*/

/*As for the ideology of Golden Dawn, here is a "testimony" which speaks
for itself: the neonazi deputy (!) Artemios Matheopoulos, bassist of a
band named "Pogrom" (!), has composed songs with "eloquent" lyrics. Here
is a sample - a song called "Auschwitz": */

/
/

//

/Fuck Wiesenthal
fuck Anna Frank
/
/fuck Abraham's race
David's Star makes me puke
ah, Auschwitz how I love you!
You, shit Jews, I will not leave you
on the Wailing Wall, I will rather piss on you
Juden Raus! I am burning in Auschwitz.../
/*
So Comrades, will we remain spectators to the repetition of the 1920s
and 1930s European tragedy? Will we -at last - mobilize in a unitary
anti-fascist mass struggle on a continental scale? And do not forget:
time is desperately pressing. */

/*Antifascist salutations, */

/*
*/