[Marxism] Muhammad film: Israeli director goes into hiding after protests,

dan d.koechlin at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 12 14:43:25 MDT 2012

Well, Louis, how do you think Muhammad conquered the Arabian Peninsula ?

The fact that Muhammad began as a petty warlord, directing his men to
pillage and rape has always been acknowledged in Islamic historiography.

A rapid search on google produced the following hadiths, but many, many
others describe similar occurences :

 >>"The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military
expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain.  They met
their enemy and fought with them.  They defeated them and took them
captives.
Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him)
were reluctant to have sexual intercourse with the female captives in
the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers.  So Allah, the
Exalted, sent down the Qur'anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married
women are forbidden unto you save those captives whom you possess as the
spoils of battle." (Abu Dawud 2150)<<

 >>"We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the
expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab
women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of
our wives, but at the same time we also desired ransom for them. Their
pregnancy would have diminished their value. So we decided to have
sexual intercourse with them but by withdrawing the male sexual organ
before emission of semen to avoid conception. But we said: We are doing
an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we
asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does
not matter" (Sahih Muslim 3371)

 >>"When Muhammad asked him about the rest of the money, he refused to
produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr bin al-Awwam,
"Torture him until you extract what he has."  So he kindled a fire with
flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead.  Then the apostle
delivered him to Muhammad bin Maslama and he struck off his head." (Ibn
Ishaq/Hisham 764)<<

    <http://www.cmje.org/religious-texts/hadith/muslim/016-smt.php#016.4131>