[Marxism] The conversion of Joel Kovel

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Sep 12 17:47:35 MDT 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:50:37 +0300
Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> "God's frozen people" ?!?!

Bein' a cradle Whiskypalian myself an' all -- a Southern
one, at that -- the phrase as I heard it was 'God's frozen
chosen'. But we used to apply it to the Presbyterians. Seems
a bit more appropriate, really, since the doctrine of Election
has been greatly downplayed among Anglicans for quite some
time -- four hundred years or so. Admittedly an ictus oculi
for those who take the really long view.

Episcopalians have changed a lot. Especially 'round here,
in Noo Yawk. I'm not a bit surprised that Joel K found
St Mary's congenial. Kooperkamp is a very impressive
guy -- of course he's a fellow Kentuckian, so I'm
prejudiced -- and it's a pretty interesting bunch of
people who show up there.

--
--

Michael J. Smith