[Marxism] The conversion of Joel Kovel

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:00:44 MDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Ralph Johansen <mdriscollrj at charter.net>wrote:

Interesting factoid I guess, and probably passed around often while the
> church fathers adjust their skirts; but the general population of less
> self-disciplined males isn't specially entrusted with the care of our
> tender tads so it's not at all reassuring or particularly apposite.

A subtle dig at their masculinity? My, how very sophisticated of you.

In any event, if you had actually clicked on the link - or, for that
matter, used common sense - you would be aware that a great number of "the
general population of less self-disciplined males" are, in fact, "specially
entrusted with the care of our tender tads[?!]." Such as public school
teachers, who molest children at a rate 100 times that of Catholic priests.

http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/misconductreview<http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/misconductreview/index.html>

Given 3.3 million public school teachers in the United States, around 24%,
or 792,000, of them male (http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=28),
and 38,964 priests (
http://cara.georgetown.edu/CARAServices/requestedchurchstats.html), I'll
leave my kids with the latter, thank you very much.

--
lytlað."