[Marxism] Union preparing to accept sellout contract and end Chicago teachers strike

Craig Brozefsky craig at red-bean.com
Fri Sep 14 12:56:05 MDT 2012

Andrew Pollack <acpollack2 at gmail.com> writes:
> oh, this is such horseshit

That was my response as well, after discussing this isues with my CTU
friends, who have seen the proposed contract (apparently unfinished) and
will be reporting to their representatives to vote on it in the CTU
assembly.  They were not entirely pleased with it, but at that time had
not fully read it.

The speed and venom of the WSW turn on the CTU leadership is just
pathetic -- both in its political argumentation as well as its totall
meaninglessness in the real struggle to save public education in
Chicago.

> The union CAN win some significant victories, CAN push Emanuel back on
> some of his demands, because of the members' massive mobilization, and
> solidarity from allies in Chicago and far and wide.

The ideological blinders are just as strong on the left as the right.
Some basic principles of respecting your comrades would go a long way.

--
Craig Brozefsky <craig at red-bean.com>
Premature reification is the root of all evil