[Marxism] The conversion of Joel Kovel

Ralph Johansen mdriscollrj at charter.net
Sun Sep 16 12:49:42 MDT 2012

-------------------------
Joseph Catron wrote

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Ralph Johansen
<mdriscollrj at charter.net>wrote:

Interesting factoid I guess, and probably passed around often while the
> church fathers adjust their  skirts; but the general population of
 > less self-disciplined males isn't specially entrusted with the care
 > of our tender tads so it's not at all reassuring or particularly
 > apposite.

A subtle dig at their masculinity? My, how very sophisticated of you.

In any event, if you had actually clicked on the link - or, for that
matter, used common sense - you would be aware that a great number of "the
general population of less self-disciplined males" are, in fact, "specially
entrusted with the care of our tender tads[?!]." Such as public school
teachers, who molest children at a rate 100 times that of Catholic priests.

http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/misconductreview<http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/misconductreview/index.html>

Given 3.3 million public school teachers in the United States, around 24%,
or 792,000, of them male (http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=28),
and 38,964 priests (
http://cara.georgetown.edu/CARAServices/requestedchurchstats.html), I'll
leave my kids with the latter, thank you very much.

Oh, oh, don't go away for the weekend leaving a pot simmering.

Reference to church fathers adjusting their skirts has to do with
cassocks, not masculinity, and to the suggestion of the convenience of
wearing the cassock while abusing children of insufficient age to
consent to the sexual act. That's called child rape, even when I use
common sense, and rationalizing over the relative presence or absence of
rape in the public or private schools and its concealment doesn't excuse
or explain it, so what's going on, why do you persist?