[Marxism] NYT: "It was Catholic then, it is Muslims now"

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 17 23:49:11 MDT 2012

i well remember the 1960 presidential election in the US.  In our church (Christian and Missionary Alliance) we heard sermon after sermon about how bad it would be for a Catholic to be president of the US.  It may have been only twice, but in memory it seems more often that that.  The argument was that  good Catholic must believe in the infallibility of the Pope and therefore would be bound by his edicts.
It is worth noting that the church I attended was in Canada.  It seems unlikely that anyone in that church could vote in a US election.  But the church was based in the US and the minister was presumably following the party line.
						ken h