[Marxism] Works on Europe from 500-1500 and Middle East/Africa in the same period

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 08:17:44 MDT 2012

I have 'Before European Hegemony: The World System A.D. 1250-1350' on my
stack of books to get through. But I think it covers separate interests I
have about these periods.

It has been mentioned on this list a couple times recently, so I thought
this a good place to ask for suggestions.

Essentially I'm interested in the 'dark ages' of Europe and the violence by
Christians and a class analysis of that time (hmm, peasant revolts would be
really interesting to learn more about as well). While also (though may
have to be a separate work...) the same periods in Arab countries and how
the Christians, Jews and Muslims lived together, how
the economies were structured and a class analysis.

Thanks!
Tristan