[Marxism] Which prophets really existed ?

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:22:37 MDT 2012

I share your abhorence of any dimunition of freedom of speech in terms
of religion.

As to these figures, their existence would certainly not have left on
the historical record the kind of impact it would leave today . . .
Rather we should ask how much of a mark a real personage would have
left compared to what these figures did.  By this measure, I don't see
what makes their existence doubtful, though, most assuredly their
followers would promote the cause by attaching to it a lot more of
those recognizably traditional divine attributes.  In the end, any
such figure from the past would remain central to a society only by
being turned into an icon of virtuous subservience.

ML