[Marxism] Put Whitey Back on the Moon

Leigh Phillips leigh.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 08:33:05 MDT 2012

This is my piece, but I thought you ladies and gents might have some
comments good or ill about it. I wrote it in the wake of seeing some
'What did the Romans ever do for us?'-type comments around the leftish
internets in the wake of Neil Armstrong's death, and I thought there
needed to be a progressive defence of space exploration.

Capitalism isn't just killing the planet — it's keeping us on it.
http://jacobinmag.com/2012/09/put-whitey-back-on-the-moon/

For the record: I do actually love Gil Scott-Heron. I just think he
was wrong on this occasion.

Cheers,
Leigh