[Marxism] Won't Back Down; Obama's America 2016

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 28 15:02:26 MDT 2012

“Won’t Back Down” is a marriage made in hell between bad art and bad
politics. Sitting through it at a press screening on Monday night was
the most painful experience I have had since undergoing emergency laser
surgery on both eyes to relieve the pressure that would have led to
glaucoma and possible blindness. Halfway through the screening I began
to wonder if laser surgery might be needed to relieve the pressure on my
brain that this awful film was producing. With its treacly Lifetime
cable TV clichés and its reckless disregard for the reality surrounding
the charter school juggernaut backed by Democrats and Republicans alike,
it might take months for me to get the bad taste out of my mouth, like
the one that accompanies a hangover from really cheap wine. Maybe the
answer is to lock myself in my bedroom and watch the collected works of
Akira Kurosawa over the next week or so.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/wont-back-down-obamas-america-2016/