[Marxism] A lurker on Sam Harris

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:45:51 MDT 2012

I was reminded exactly of Harris while reading Andy Blunden's "Why Marx was
not an Atheist":

The materialist who proudly proclaims that they do not believe in God, but
> on the contrary believe that everything is governed by Nature and
> determined by laws of Nature, – or laws of history it makes little
> difference – differs from the Pantheist in the name he gives to God, but
> not necessarily anything else.

I don't expect your average, street-level atheist to think through his
chosen belief system any more than his Presbyterian or Reformed Jewish
counterpart. But these guys who make their livings selling books about it
might try not to be such clowns.

--
lytlað."