[Marxism] For A People's Democracy Vol.1 No. 1

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Sun Sep 30 10:42:22 MDT 2012

Since comments were requested - I do want to share
my thoughts on two articles in this Volume One first issue:

1) The several times unfortunate usage of the word "Jap"
instead of at least the words Japan and Japanese appears
racist and is inappropriate.  Obviously also not all Japanese
people were supportive of the Japan government either
in the historical period covered!  So the descriptive wording
used, is very problematic to me.

2) The defense of J. V. Stalin and using the spurious work
of Grover Furr as the source - is also something I would
challenge as another mistake in this publication.

I do appreciate those who produced this publication to
have provided some informative local Indian Left history
and coverage of individuals - that part was very helpful
to my understanding more about the history of India and
its neighbors.

And I appreciate the comrades who offered this document
for input from those on this List.

In struggle and solidarity,

John O'Brien