[Marxism] Fwd: "Industrial workers" (was Re: Richard Estes on...)

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 14:43:01 MDT 2013

To state the obvious, workers can most certainly act as a class without
making a successful revolution.  I think Louis was making the point that
some elemental form of class consciousness is absent from the
institutionalized trade union movement.  I would add that the quantifiable
numbers indicate that the most elemental form of trade unionism seems to be
absent from the institutionalized trade union movement.

Recognizing this seems a very basic requiement of Marxism in the US today,
no?

ML