[Marxism] Geoengineering

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 14:16:29 MDT 2013

Well, I don't know about geo-engineering being part of some neo-liberal
'tradition' (neo-liberalism being some of a soft category, say 30 years old
or less with the start of NAFTA and globalization...).

Geo-engineering has been on paper a lot longer than the contemporary
neo-liberal agenda. And...large gov't expenditures on what would be
insanely expensive massive infrastructure projects is more "1960s World
Bank"-like in approach than the destruction of infrastructure the current
Imperialist paradigm calls for.

Also, we've been involved in geo-engineering inadvertently given the
effects Imperialism is having on the climate. We've been massively changing
the face of the biogeosphere for decades. It that's not geo-engineering I
don't know what is.