[Marxism] Heinrich on Marx's Crisis Theory

james pitman marinercarpentry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:32:35 MDT 2013

Angelus, skimming through Behind the Crisis and you're right...I've read so
much value theory in the last couple of weeks I've got my authors mixed up.
It might be Jacques Bidet, although now I'm unsure, who puts up a decent
defense of both monetary value theory and the trpf. There again, it might
not. When I come across who it is, I'll update.

I do think these debates have informed some important debates though,
particularly from those who've assimilated Ricardo and Marx for instance,
which often leads into social democratic solutions; or the misreadings of
Marx that Heinrich argues lead us to vulgar, worldview Marxism, or, at the
opposite pole, from those who tried to elevate Marx into some sort of
deranged marginalist, so that he's more acceptable to the academy.