[Marxism] Chris Hedges resigns from PEN - protests liberal interventionist

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 16:03:29 MDT 2013

Chris Hedges resigns from human rights organization PEN
http://www.israeli-occupation.org/2013-04-02/chris-hedges-
resigns-from-human-rights-organization-pen/

Chris Hedges: The suffering of the Palestinians under Israeli occupation
and the
plight of those caught up in our imperial wars in countries such as Iraq
are not
abstractions to me. Nossel’s relentless championing of preemptive war —
which under international law is illegal — as a State Department official
along with her callous disregard for Israeli mistreatment of the
Palestinians
and her refusal as a government official to denounce the use of torture and
use
of extra-judicial killings, makes her utterly unfit to lead any human rights
organization...