[Marxism] She should rot in hell

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 15:23:24 MDT 2013

Gary: "With all respect Manuel, you've got it exactly wrong here.  I repeat it is essential to publicly celebrate the death of this woman. The crowds that gathered on the Falls Road, in Liverpool and in Brixton were signalling clearly to the powers that be and all that cooperate with them undying hatred for what they stand for. "

With all respect, Gary, I hope I am wrong, but trashing on Thatcher seems a bit easier than standing up against austerity directly, Cameron, and all Thatcher's spawn. I am glad to see many people "connecting the dots" between Thatcher's failed policies and the current crises, but it seems, just as in the battle against police brutality of 2011, there is much more poorly directed anger at a dead enemy than ought to be. I do recognize there is much seething anger underneath the surface that this kind of occasion brings to light. I would just think "we" would try to make much more of it by connecting it directly to the potential for mass struggles. Again, perhaps I am at one being premature and myopic, but much of this reminds me too much, in the obverse, of all the idol-worship surrounding Chavez' death. I hope I am being both, but I fail to see it now.

Anthony plaints that I should give people a "night off" and have their celebratory grave dancing. Maybe so. It sure seems we're having a lot of those recently.