[Marxism] rotting in hell - final words

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 18:27:20 MDT 2013

Comrades,

I had not expected this to be a controversial topic at all.

A good friend just sent me this text:

*TEXT/ SMS circulating over here.....
Thatcher has been in hell 20 minutes and she has closed down 3 furnaces*!"

The text is interesting in that it records a feeling that Thatcher was and
in a sense remains a power.  For me that justifies the necessity of
publicly popping a champagne cork or two.  I will be having my own belated
toast on Friday night.

Now my final words on all this are that of course I understand that
publicly celebrating Thatcher's death is not sufficient.  Puh-leezze give
me a little credit, comrades.  I do realise that dancing on graves will not
bring down capitalism.

Like all on this list I want so much more.  But at least some are chanting
"Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, Dead, Dead, Dead".  Wouldn't it be so much worse
if there was no chanting and no fireworks and no corks popping?

There is also below the surface a feeling that it is somehow unseemly to
celebrate a death. Marxists all too often come in stuffed shirts. But in
the immortal words of Michael Corleone "It's not personal, Sonny. It's
strictly business".  And the business is that of counteracting the lies of
capital- the sheer, nauseating hypocrisy of mass murderers like Barack
Obama.  So dance on I say to all.  "The Wicked Witch is dead".

Comradely

Gary