[Marxism] Thatcher and "House of Cards"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 10 07:36:31 MDT 2013

On 4/10/13 9:23 AM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
> After watching the US version I went back to view the Brit original. Each
> wonderfully frightening and intriguing in their own way.
>
> Here's my question: The main character, a Tory himself and totally onboard
> with Thatcherism, has an intense hatred for her.
>
> Why? The series doesn't make it clear, unless I missed it.

Since I'm going to be writing a comparison of the two series, I started
watching the original myself. I have not gotten to the point where the
main character has anything to say about Thatcher but I doubt it has to
do with politics. As the young female reporter who he has been leaking
information to says to a colleague in the last episode I watched: he is
a politician without politics.