[Marxism] Thatcher and "House of Cards"

Daniel Lindvall daniel.lindvall at filmint.nu
Wed Apr 10 10:24:48 MDT 2013

I think that many traditional, upper class tories resented her for being a lower middle class woman in a job they thought belonged to a man from their own background. But simultaneously they knew this was just the voice they needed to sell politics for the upper class to 35-40 percent of the lower classes (and knowing this made them resent her even more). This, I think, is one of the things that is rather well captured in the Meryl Streep film (which was better than its reputation). Sure, she was also an arsehole of a human being, but that she probably had in common with every other tory leader and most labour ones as well.

Website: http://filmint.nu/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FilmInt
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/FilmInt