[Marxism] Chris Hani

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 12:37:53 MDT 2013

What a predictably awful article.

Don't get me wrong, Hani (unlike Thatcher) was on our side, and deserves to
be mourned.

But the fact is that he -- like Mandela -- sold out the revolution, and
left the ruling class in charge of the country -- a betrayal Hani (and the
author, Valley) tried to cover up with all that bilge about "service."

Ironically (given the Thatcher bucket-kicking debate), I've been wondering
about how to address Mandela's death when it comes. The last couple times
he was rushed to hospital, I had images of hundreds of Facebook tributes to
him -- and me wondering how to even broach the subject of his bankrupt
strategy.

Perhaps in the course of a discussion about BRICS it can come up in a
diplomatic way...