[Marxism] Marx's crisis theory

michael a. lebowitz mlebowit at sfu.ca
Wed Apr 10 15:18:05 MDT 2013

Shane Mage wrote:
'My dissertation has always been readily available but Heinrich,
Henwood, Angelus et. al remain in willful ignorance of it. Which enables
them to go on sneering at Marx's Law on the basis of superficial
statistics or long-discredited criticisms.'
Like Shane, I too am furious at Heinrich's failure to take up /my/
contributions to the discussion of Marx's crisis theory and FROP--- such
as the clear indication that Marx was well aware that FROP depended upon
the assumption of uneven productivity growth in the 2 departments (cf
mydiscussion in 'The General and Specific in Marx's Theory of Crisis' in
/Following Marx/) as well as the implications of Marx's assumption in
/C//apital /that the standard of necessity was given, an assumption to
be removed in the Book on Wage Labour (cf my 'Trapped in a Box' in
/Historical Materialism/ or the discussion in /Beyond CAPITAL/).
     Having said that, I am not so furious that I would not recommend
Heinrich's book on CAPITAL, recently published by MR, as the best single
book out there on Capital--- one of the few secondary works I would have
used in my Marx course before I liberated myself.:-)
         cheers,
         michael

--
Michael A. Lebowitz