[Marxism] Need some schooling

Rob Parker birdlives87 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:51:23 MDT 2013

Greetings,

I apologize for popping up only to make inquiries and not really
contributing to discussion, but I consider myself a sort of amateur
lay-Marxist and I feel that I benefit more from watching the veterans hash
things out until I am able to form some decent analysis myself. That post
Louis made a few weeks back about introductory reading was very helpful, by
the way, as were the additions made by others. The point is, I trust the
people on this list, most of them anyway, to steer me in the right
direction.

I wanted some recommendations on literature, articles, and whatnot that
would help me form an argument against someone advocating a kind of small
business utopia. That is, corporations are banned and genuine progressive
competition can flourish amongst various small scale producers which will
lead to true fairness, equality, and liberty. A corporations, not
capitalism, are the problem line.  I would categorize this as some sort of
nostalgic libertarian fantasy, but liberals also seem to go for this sort
of thing, allowing for some state regulation of excesses.

Much appreciated,

Rob