[Marxism] Celebrating Death

Marla Vijaya kumar marlavk at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 10:23:33 MDT 2013

Manuel:"I won't think you less communist for adhering to religious traditions if you won't denigrate my communism for refusing to do so."
Sorry that this is turning in to a duel. I don't like duels, but only healthy discussion.
I am talking about centuries of cultural heritage of a sixth of mankind. It is not something to be sneered at or ignored.
Comrade C. Rajeswara Rao, who was General Secretary of CPI for over 3 decades, had broken a coconut at the inauguration of a CP office. In reply to his critics, he said, "no communist can ignore the cultural traditions of the people among whom he works."
Vijaya Kumar Marla