[Marxism] Need some schooling

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Apr 11 11:28:32 MDT 2013

On Apr 11, 2013, at 12:51 AM, Rob Parker wrote:

> ....I want some recommendations on literature, articles, and whatnot
> that
> would help me form an argument against someone advocating a kind of
> small
> business utopia. That is, corporations are banned and genuine
> progressive
> competition can flourish amongst various small scale producers which
> will
> lead to true fairness, equality, and liberty. A corporations, not
> capitalism, are the problem line....

The only right line of argument is to point out that corporate power
is the very essence of the modern forms of capitalism, State Monopoly
Capitalism and Monopoly State Capitalism as typified by the USA and
the PRC.  The precondition for emancipation of artisanal enterprise
is therefore the revolutionary overthrow of capitalist state power,
the proletarian revolution (identical, as Marx and Engels and Lenin
and Trotsky all pointed out, to the establishment of democracy).  Only
then, during the long transition to a communist society, can and will
your "artisanal-enterprise utopia" come to exist alongside collective
large-scale production organizations.

Shane Mage

"All things are an equal exchange for fire and fire for all things,
as goods are for gold and gold for goods."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr, 90