[Marxism] The Dungeons and Dragon Report

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Apr 13 11:39:00 MDT 2013

On Apr 13, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Angelus Novus wrote:

> Shane Mage wrote:
>
>> Artesian raises substantial, clearly correct, theoretical
>> objections to some of his (and Heinrich's) misconceptions about
>> Marx's theorization of the falling tendency of profitability.
>> Angelus answers(?) polemically with some generalities attributed to
>> Foucault
>
> That's because anybody who starts using Vietnam metaphors in an
> abstract discussion about value theory is worthy of ridicule, not
> serious engagement.
>
> I can understand, though, why somebody whose political trajectory
> included the Spartacist League might think otherwise.

Not for the first time Angelus shows that his sole answer to
theoretical criticism is "ridicule."  And goes on to explain his
refusal to reply to me by scoffing at the Spartacist League, a group
with which I have had no political or other relationship for some 47
years now (and which didn't exist while I was writing my successful
dissertation on Marx's law).  This is about as *ad hominem* an
argument as can be imagined!

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64