[Marxism] A Radical Anthropologist Finds Himself in Academic 'Exile' - Faculty - The Chronicle of Higher Education

dajj1950 at primusonline.com.au dajj1950 at primusonline.com.au
Mon Apr 15 23:28:44 MDT 2013

Looks like a repeat of the Cold War. A friends brother-in-law was blacklisted
in Australia in the late 1950s because of his membership of the Communist
Party of Australia, He was a scientist and at the time much of sciences was
directed at developing weapons.

Along with his wife (my friend's sister) they moved to England so he could
find work. He has since died but each year she  comes back to Australia to
meet family and friends. I first met her about four or five years ago and
she is a delight to met and talk to. At one point she said of the Thatcher
years 'You didn't have to live through it.'

I suspect she has had the odd drink or two since the news about Thatcher
broke.

douglas jordan