[Marxism] The Fraud claims of the Venezuelan opposition [Venezuelanalysis]

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 17 09:52:03 MDT 2013

The NY Times coverage is predictable:

In an extraordinary day of charges and countercharges, Mr. Maduro cut
into regular television and radio programming three times with special
national broadcasts that all stations are required to carry.

Each time he angrily criticized Mr. Capriles, sometimes working himself
into what seemed to be near hysteria, shouting until he was nearly out
of breath, often stabbing his finger directly at the camera. He compared
the opposition to Nazi Germany, accused them of planning a coup, and
said they hoped to bring about a civil war like those in Libya and Syria.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/17/world/americas/post-election-tensions-rise-in-venezuela-amid-deadly-protests.html

(I should add that it does depress me somewhat to see Maduro inheriting
Chavez's fucked-up analysis of Libya and Syria.)