[Marxism] The Death of Peak Oil By James Hamiliton on The Oil Drum

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 17 14:50:05 MDT 2013

On 4/17/13 4:22 PM, DW wrote:
> Peak oil web site theoildrum.com has an interesting essay today titled "The
> Death of Peak Oil". Interseting discussion on this challenge to the theory.
>
> http://www.theoildrum.com/node/9928#more

Maybe I am missing something but the essay--despite its title--defends
the peak oil thesis:

"But Texas production in 2012 was still 1.4 mb/d below the state's peak
production in 1970, and I haven't heard anyone suggest that Texas is
ever going to get close again to 1970 levels. Production from any
individual tight-formation well in Texas has been observed to fall very
rapidly over time, as has also been the experience everywhere else."