[Marxism] Social Democracy and Public Housing in Vienna

Red Arnie redarnie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 15:52:45 MDT 2013

For those in New York City with an interest in public housing, communal
apartment living, architecture and social democracy (history and current -
granted you only get glimpses but enlightening nevertheless), the exhibit
"The Vienna Model: Housing for the 21st Century City" at the Austrian
Cultural Forum New York (11 E. 52nd St.) is a must see. Sitting or standing
to watch the looped, subtitled video featuring 36 case studies of Viennese
public housing is well worthwhile and you will wish you lived in any number
of them (I admit that I only saw about half so I need to go back when I'm
in town again).  About 60% of the Viennese population lives in municipally
built, owned, or managed housing. Exhibit open daily 10 am to 6 pm through
Monday, Sep 2, 2013.