[Marxism] Obama rush to judgment Was the Boston bombing really a terrorist act? The Electronic Intifada

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 21 16:09:26 MDT 2013

At 09:34 21/04/2013 -0400, Louis Proyect wrote:

>http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/obamas-rush-judgment-was-boston-bombing-really-terrorist-act

Well at first this article seemed like it was just concentrating on definitions of terrorism -- alright, but -- and I might have quit reading it. But once again Ali Abunimah hits the nail on the head:

Since Obama has no idea why the alleged suspects may have resorted to
violence and no one else has offered an evidence-based explanation, why is
Obama already labeling them “terrorists” when he himself warned against a
“rush to judgment?”

The only explanation I can think of is the suspects’ identification as
ethnic Chechens and Muslims, even though there is no evidence that they
acted either in relation to events in their ancestral homeland or were
motivated by any Islamist ideology......

All of these cases reinforce the widely noted observation that acts of
violence, especially mass shootings, carried out typically by white males
are immediately labeled as the acts of “disturbed individuals” while the
acts of a person identified as “Muslim” are to be labeled “terrorism”
regardless of the facts.....