[Marxism] Obama rush to judgment Was the Boston bombing really a terrorist act? The Electronic Intifada

Greg McDonald gregmc59 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 04:16:16 MDT 2013

It may be a bit of a stretch, but there is some evidence the elder brother
had at the very least an ideological association with "radical islam".

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/21/us/tamerlan-tsarnaev-timeline/index.html

*August 2012*

Soon after returning from a long visit to Russia, Tsarnaev creates a
YouTube channel with links to a number of videos. Two videos under a
category labeled "Terrorists" have since been deleted. It's not clear when
or by whom.

Analysis by CNN and the SITE Intelligence Institute has uncovered a screen
grab from one of those videos. It features members of the group Imarat
Kavkaz -- identifiable by the logo on their shirts. Imarat Kavkaz is the
most potent militant Islamist group in the north Caucasus -- which includes
Chechnya and Dagestan.

Tsarnaev also appears to have posted and then removed a video of a militant
named Abu Dujana, a jihadist leader who was later killed by Russian troops.

Russian security services killed Abu Dujana in December during an assault
on an apartment in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan. He led a small
militant group in Dagestan that had links to Imarat Kavkaz.

While Tsarnaev was in Russia in 2012, he spent some of his time in
Makhachkala, where his father lives today. U.S. officials told CNN analyst
Tom Fuentes on Sunday they have found no further connection between
Tsarnaev and Abu Dujana, but the investigation into his activities overseas
continues.