[Marxism] We're overpopulated with oil tycoons and coal barons

En Passant with John Passant en.passant at bigpond.com
Tue Apr 23 04:43:36 MDT 2013

I don't think there are too many people on the planet says Simon Butler, but I do agree there are too many of "some" people. I think there are too many coal barons. There are too many oil tycoons. I think there are too many Clive Palmers - there's just one of him, but one is still more than we need in my opinion. In truth, the biggest factor in ecological decay is how a society uses its resources, not how many people live in that society. "Pollution begins not in the family bedroom, but in the corporate boardroom."

If we are to find solutions to the climate emergency, the food crisis and other environmental ills, we have to explore and act upon the causes, not the symptoms. These causes lie in the unequal power held by between different groups in society and an economic system geared for infinite growth on a finite planet.

http://enpassant.com.au/2013/04/23/we're-overpopulated-with-oil-tycoons-and-coal-barons/